Friday, March 9, 2012

I just got "Spore" for Christmas. The box says it needs a 2.0GHz processor and my computer runs a 1.6. ?

If I turn down the quality settings, should this work?I just got "Spore" for Christmas. The box says it needs a 2.0GHz processor and my computer runs a 1.6. ?
It depends on the type of processor you have.



The 2.0GHz requirement for Spore is for a Pentium4 processor.

If you have a 1.6GHz P4 processor, then it might not be too happy.

But if you have a Core 2 or Dual Core Pentium, then they are all faster than a 2.0GHz P4, so you're fine.



Also, it's usually the graphics card that will make or break your PC's ability to play a game. Make sure your graphics card is supported by Spore.



I strongly recommend downloading the demo and making sure it can at least run the demo before opening the shrink wrap.

Most places won't let you return games that are opened, even if you can't run it.I just got "Spore" for Christmas. The box says it needs a 2.0GHz processor and my computer runs a 1.6. ?
It's doubtful, but you can check by clicking on the following link and then selecting Spore - PC from the dropdown menu.



You'll need to allow the site to scan your computer. This will mean downloading an active-x file to your computer, but I've been doing it for a few years now and I've had no problems with the downloading of malware.



It will give you a breakdown of the hardware in your computer, and state whether this meets the minimum requirements to run the game. If not, it will tell you what needs to be upgraded.



Best of luck to you ... and Happy Christmas.



Edit:



The site I listed does state that it needs a 2GHz processor to run the game.I just got "Spore" for Christmas. The box says it needs a 2.0GHz processor and my computer runs a 1.6. ?
Bring it back to the shop and exchange for a faster processor .... ;-)



I think best is to try, and close all you don't need like background applications and AV protections. Unless the soft is written to check the processor speed, it should run.

No comments:

Post a Comment